Interest Rate Calculator
Use the Home link to return to the home page. Do not use the back button.
The Interest Rate is 0.31% per period.
If the periods were monthly then the annualized Interest Rate is 3.74%.
1. Use the Home link to return to the home page. Do not use the back button.
2. Principal: is the amount borrowed.
3. Periods: is the number of periods. Interest is added and payments are made at the end of each period.
4. Payments: is the amount of each payment made at the end of each period.
5. Interest Rate calculations become unreliable when the interest rate drops below some trivial value
(of say .01%/year) and break down completely at zero interest Periods. In this case use another method.
6. User input can be any constant statement using only numerics and +, -, *, and /. For example 5*12
could be entered to convert the number of years (5) into the number of monthly periods (60) for a loan paid monthly.
Example: You have borrowed $1000, the payments are $10 per month for 10 years.
What is the interest rate?
Principal = 1000; Payments = 10;Periods = 10*12